Friday, January 9, 2009

Hey! It's first entry time!

This is my blog about teaching English as a foreign language in Indochina [Cambo, 'Nam, Lao, Isaan].

If you a prospective employer or private student you can learn about my approach to teaching and the methodology that I have developed over the last seven years. My curriculum vitae/resume is available upon request.

If you are an English teacher either already in Indochina or considering a move here, then this will also be of interest to you too. Your feedback and questions are always welcome.

If you are one of my students, please go to your task/assignment. :o)

Before I came to Indochina, I worked with big-name direct marketing agencies in London for well over 10 years. I held senior account management positions and managed large projects and budgets for blue-chip consumer brands.

My role as an English teacher is this;

MY GOALS are to make my lessons easy to understand and enjoyable to be a part of.

MY OBJECTIVES are for students to retain the material that I teach them and to want to continue learning with me.

MY MISSION is to high-interest bank at least $1,000 a month for the next 25 years. This money will be accrued by the quality and not the quantity of my teaching.

MY VISION is to comfortably retire in Indochina with my savings. [We never were big on pensions in the MarComs industry!].

Fact #1. Anyone who calls themselves an English teacher and who doesn't have similar goals and objectives, isn't a proper English teacher. This is really basic stuff, but you'd be amazed at how many 'teachers' I've met who only see the job as a means to an end.

Fact #2. Any school, university or language centre that doesn't recruit English teachers with similar goals and objectives, shouldn't be in business. Sure, all institutions and businesses need money to function, but the focus should be on students and not profit. The majority of English learning providers in Indochina, however, focus on the latter.

End of first entry, and welcome to Som Tam For The Soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment